Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Step out of your comfort zone!




This past summer, I worked as a Formulation Intern at AstraZeneca’s manufacturing plant in Newark, Delaware.  In this position, I was able to step out of my comfort zone and experience a different aspect of the pharmaceutical industry that I would not normally be exposed to by remaining within the academic world.  I had the opportunity to be part of a multi-disciplinary team that worked across the manufacturing plant to ensure the accurate and timely production of multiple pharmaceutical tablets produced in that facility.  Although the days were long and the projects were not simple, I found that I really enjoyed working in a manufacturing plant environment that constantly tested me.

By putting myself in a new situation I challenged myself to learn and to become more comfortable in a setting that even today tends to be primarily dominated my men.  That being said, I believe that these are the circumstances that can help to bridge that employment gap.  By more women in the field being exposed to these jobs earlier, it can spark their interest in this area that is not normally discussed.  I also believe that it is important for everyone while still in school, to put themselves in a situation that will push them to learn and to experience something outside of their comfort zone. Overall, this experience helped to shape my career goals and aspirations.  


Caitlin Ward

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your Blog forThe Earth Day Quiizes Planting, I'm going to Follow Your Post for my Gardening and planting trees on Earth day. You are an amazing nature loving Person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading through this article... Thanks for sharing such an amazing post with us and keep blogging...
    Data Science Training in Hyderabad
    Hadoop Training in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a informative post. Post that is trustworthy, informative, and local will be, The good news is that once you stop posting such clickbait stories. My social platforms are given below. Please follow us.
    letterboxd
    stocktwits
    udemy

    ReplyDelete
  5. complete range of carpet care solutions that tackle spots, stains and enable you to achieve a deep clean creating a lasting first impression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting blog, continue to post article like this such a nice one and thanks for providing this wonderful blog post...
    custom software development company

    ReplyDelete